Sanding concrete isn’t child’s play, and you can’t get it done successfully unless you have the right tool. Yes, getting the best angle grinder for concrete is what I was talking about. It’s a must-have power tool that needs to be durable, lightweight, and quite strong to deal with multiple applications, especially concrete sanding by expert workers and homeowners.
To achieve the best finish and at the same time smoothen the concrete floor surface, your angle grinder should have an optimal RPM range, preferably 6000 to 8500, according to experts. Luckily, most of my selected products have these ranges to help you make your grinding task more precise and even better.
So, let’s check out the reviews and find out what suits your grinding skills most!
A Quick Comparison of Our Favorites
|Makita (GA7021) 7" Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch||Check Price|
|DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool (DW840)||Check Price|
|DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool Kit with Bag and Cutting Wheels||Check Price|
|Metabo HPT Angle Grinder||Check Price|
|DEWALT Angle Grinder (DWE4557)||Check Price|
Top 9 Best 7 Inch Angle Grinder for Concrete Reviews
Here is a descriptive review of the best 7 inch angle grinder for concrete.
Makita GA7021 is by far the best 7-inch angle grinder for its 15-amp powerful motor, rubber-molded ergonomic handle, and effective wheel guard for relatively easier and quicker blade adjustments.
1. Best Overall: Makita GA7021 7 Inch Angle Grinder
If you ask me to show you a single product that can do all the nooks and crannies related to grinding concrete, I’d love to suggest getting the Makita ga7021 7-inch angle grinder! From portable size to powerful motor, it has everything to make a place in your arsenal.
Talking about the power, the Makita ga7021 is known for its super-effective 15.0 amp motor that offers no less than 6600 RPM. Thus, it can handle almost every task about grinding concrete slab, aluminum, and steel. The wheel guard it gets is tool-free, ensuring relatively easy and quick adjustment while grinding.
I’ve found its gripping area quite comfortable due to the rubber-molded handle. And luckily, you’re allowed to keep your workpiece 100% damage-free; the credit goes to its rubber tool that’s pretty large.
Weighing about 15.4 pounds, handling the corded-electric angle grinder will be a snap; you won’t feel discomfort even after holding it for an extended work period!
- Teal color
- 0 amp motor
- Measuring 21.25 x 9.25 x 7.0 inches
- Weighs about 15.4lbs
- The motor is quite powerful and delivers 6600 RPM.
- Pretty handy for the rubberized grip and mediocre weight
- Wheel guard confirms easy and quick blade adjustments
- Keeps workpieces free from damage with its large rubber tool
- Designed to withstand heavy loads and pressures
- Requires extra maintenance while keeping it neat!
2. Best for Speed: Dewalt DW840 7-inch Angle Grinder
The brand “Dewalt” requires no introduction when talking about angle grinders. Especially when we speak about this Dewalt 7 inch angle grinder, it stands out from the rest for its extreme speed and top-notch build quality.
Speaking of the speed, it comes in a 13.0 amp superior motor providing 8500 RPM at once. This way, it can be used not only for grinding your concrete floors within no time but also for any type of metal. By just spindle-locking the switch, users can replace the wheels of a single wrench while needed. And needless to say, it can run by both DC/AC power quite efficiently.
The build quality of this Dewalt 7 inch grinder takes the popularity to a new height, thanks to the premium-quality alloy steel with a perfect blend of plastic materials. And don’t worry about the comfort; the lightweight structure along with the back-handle gripping area has got your back!
- Yellow color
- 0 amp motor
- Measuring 21.5 x 8.88 x 4.38 inches
- Weighs about 8.0lbs
- Heavy-duty motor with alloy steel construction
- 8500 RPM for maximum efficiency
- Adjustable guard with a spindle-lock switch
- Light-weighted and comfy rear-handle gripping area
- Overheating issues!
3. Best Multi-functional: Dewalt DW840 7-inch Angle Grinder
If you think versatility comes first for concrete grinding, I’d recommend spending your valuable bucks on this 7-inch grinder from Dewalt made for multiple applications; this includes grinding concrete, aluminum, stainless steel, alloy, and so on!
Similar to my previous choice, this one right here also has got a 13.0 amp motor, yet the range of RPM is 8000. It’s enough to deal with heavy-duty projects related to DIY and construction sites. No need to be worried about the safety as it comes in an additional guard that’s adjustable in terms of redirecting sparks.
What’s more? Rear handle design, metal frame, spindle lock switch, and more interestingly, a roller bearing (sealed) is well-equipped with this power tool, enhancing the motor life in the best way possible!
- Yellow color
- 0 amp motor
- Measuring 5.75 x 21.44 x 12.38 inches
- Weighs around 19.0lbs
- 0 HP motor can withstand heavy pressure
- Includes safety guard as well as spindle lock switch for safety
- Rear handle gives you convenience in terms of making a solid grip
- A high-quality metal frame maximizes durability
- Includes a portable bag and several cutting wheels additionally
- A little costly in this category!
4. Best for Heavy-Duty: Dewalt D28499X Angle Grinder Tool
To get the maximum power for grinding concrete, nothing can beat the efficacy of the Dewalt D28499X Angle Grinder Tool. 5.3 HP superior motor, 6000 RPM, rear rotating handle, you name it; this one right here gets a relatively low-profile case, enabling you to access tough-to-reach areas without any issues.
Besides that, the unique rubber cord coming in an S-shape design is perfectly-insulated with double wires, confirming extended life and durability in both cold and hot climates. Even beginners can get the most out of this 7-inch angle grinder due to its shut-down brushes that automatically prevent damages.
The unique part? Dewalt 7 inch grinder features a side handle of 5 positions, offering enhanced ergonomics for some limited applications.
- Yellow color
- 3 Horsepower motor
- Measuring 10.13 x 24.25 x 5.06 inches
- Weighs 16.4lbs
- Ensures ultimate power for heavy-duty projects
- Offers increased ergonomic with rear and side handles
- It gives you extended service life from abrasion
- Tool-less guard, automatic shut-off, and rubber cord for safety
- Compatible with both DC/AC power; works well in cold and hot seasons
- Too pricey!
5. Best for Tight Areas: Dewalt DWE4517 7 Inch Angle Grinder
Is it getting surprised? It seems like the Dewalt is dominating the list of the best 7-inch angle grinder! Yep, this is because this single brand can give you multiple types of concrete angle grinders to meet your several needs at once. And talking about the DWE4517, it’s quite popular for its low-profile design, making it friendly with tight areas.
Alongside the compact case, this one also has got a field of epoxy coated and automatic shut-off brushes for ultimate safety. Coming in a powerful 4.0 HP motor, it spins around 8500 RPM, and that too under heavy loads and pressures; the credit goes to its thermal overload protection.
As you can see, the maker has added a double-positioned side handle, offering excellent ergonomics to help you perform a variety of applications without dealing with any discomfort. To get the maximum result in concrete grinding, the manufacturer suggests using wheels of no more than 7-inch.
- Yellow color
- 0 Horsepower motor
- Measuring 24.02 x 9.76 x 4.92 inches
- Weighs no more than 12lbs
- Metal frame with a low-profile design for using it in tight areas
- It helps you stay in a safe zone, thanks to its automatic shut-off feature
- Double-positioned side handle for eventual comfort and flexibility
- Able to grind concrete quite smoothly with 7-inch grinding wheels
- Arbor bearing seems a bit weak!
6. Best Value for Money: Dewalt DWE4557 Angle Grinder
Professionals require an angle grinder that can smoothly grind a spacious floor made of concrete. Only a couple of power tools can stay out of the issues with overheating while grinding concrete for hours at a stretch. Thanks to the Dewalt DWE4557 that makes the whole task a breeze with its 4.7 HP motor, which spins at 8500 RPM.
Another thing that makes it stand out is its effective dust ejection system designed to keep the motor safe against harmful, damaging particles and objects. Even it offers decreased vibration despite being so powerful; this is only because of its soft trigger handle that is anti-vibe.
Dewalt gives you a built-in brush door that works just fine for quick and hassle-free replacement. Moreover, adjusting the guard can also be done quickly in terms of redirecting sparks on account of its fast-change guard.
Thinking about your safety, the maker didn’t forget to add an automatic shut-off switch, which really works in case the brush requires to be replaced. And last but not least, the weight of this power tool is only 11.6lbs to confirm a fatigue-free operation!
- Yellow color
- 7 Horsepower motor
- Measuring 24.21 x 4.92 x 9.84 inches
- Weighs 11.6lbs
- Overload protection, effective dust ejection, and automatic shut-off for safety
- Lets you make hassle-free replacements with the help of a built-in brush door.
- Spins at 8500 RPM to deal with heavy projects like grinding metal, concrete, etc
- Ensures quick and safe adjustment with its fast-changing guard
- The trigger handle is anti-vibe as well as known for enhanced comfort
- Costly in this category, still worth it!
7. Best Battery-Powered: MILWAUKEE M18 Angle Grinder
Still, want to know what the best angle grinder for concrete is? If you’re a fan of MILWAUKEE, then I can guarantee that you can’t overlook its power, performance, and durability!
The first impression of this great angle grinder is its brushless motor, which works more effectively than your typical grinders in terms of grinding concrete and such things. M18 is 50% more powerful and cooler than the same-category angle grinder.
And guess what? This is also known for ensuring maximum protection against overheating issues due to its overload protection. I really loved its cordless feature, allowing users to keep it everywhere to perform several applications. Quick guard adjustment, portable bag, and more interestingly, you’re getting a large 18V grinder for corded performance!
- Red color
- 12HD lithium-ion battery
- Measuring 5 x 24 x 12 inches
- Weighs 18.0lbs
- The Brushless motor runs at 6600 RPM.
- Ensures protection against overheating issues
- 20% cooler and more powerful than the standard grinder
- Cordless design makes it easy to transfer from job to job
- Battery-powered yet compatible with corded performance as well
- A bit weighty compared to other battery-powered grinders!
8. Best for Homeowners: Metabo G18ST 7 inch Angle Grinder
On number 8, I’ve got this 7-inch angle grinder from Metabo, which I’ve found pretty lightweight for better maneuverability. Weighing only 10.8 pounds, this features a 15.0 amp motor that offers plentiful torque, power, and durability, an ideal pick for every homeowner.
Even being quite energetic, it doesn’t get overheated too soon as it gets top-leading overload protection. Furthermore, its stator design (halved) ensures optimal cooling efficacy, and this way, it makes the motor more long-lasting.
The best part of this angle grinder is the labyrinth construction, preventing debris and dust from accessing motor bearing and coils. So keep on grinding concrete smoothly and effectively with the Metabo 7 inch Angle Grinder.
- Green color
- 0 amp motor
- Measuring 18.5 x 9.5 x 4.3 inches
- Weighs only 10.8lbs
- Compact and lightweight design for fatigue-free operation
- Protection tape and armored coils extend the service life
- Labyrinth construction keeps debris and dust away from the motor
- Stator design for excellent cooling efficiency
- Handle is less comfortable for big-handed persons!
9. Best Compact: BOSCH 1974-8 7 Inch Angle Grinder
I’m going to wrap up the list with a compact yet energetic angle grinder from Bosch. Let it be concrete, aluminum, steel, or anything related to these materials; I’d say Bosch 7-inch concrete grinder has the ability to get the work successfully done.
Coming in a low-profile design, you’ll find it much more durable as the manufacturer has added premium metal to make it reliable and rigid. Consequently, it’ll last pretty longer compared to your typical 7-inch angle grinders.
Talking about the motor, it comes in at 4.0 horsepower for excellent performance, especially if you’re someone who needs to grind concrete or such materials frequently. But yes, it’s a bit steeper than the other traditional options!
- 0 horsepower motor
- Made of high-quality metal
- Weighs about 13.8lbs
- Able to work with concrete, light stone, aluminum, and steel
- Powerful and ensures better performance
- Relatively compact for easy and hassle-free operations
- It doesn’t get overheated too soon
Things to Consider When Buying the Best 7-Inch Angle Grinder for Concrete
Still, having doubts about the best angle grinder for concrete? Well, many people get overwhelmed after looking at so many features and specs. If you’re one of those, then this buyer’s guide will really come in handy!
Here, I’ll incorporate only the core factors that you must look for prior to making your buying decision. So take a pen and keep the below-mentioned things noted:
1. Consider the Power Type
At first, you need to determine which power type suits your requirements best. Generally, corded and cordless are the two common types among customers. Each of them has its own specs and qualities. But in a nutshell, corded ones offer more torque and power in most cases, while the cordless one can be used anywhere.
A high-quality motor and higher RPM is a perfect combination of power that you’ll need to grind your concrete floors quite effectively. The motor horsepower your motor has, the better it’ll perform; and the same thing goes to the rate of RPM, so there is no rocket science!
Another thing is pretty related to power; yep, I’m talking about the speed. The best 7-inch angle grinder should run so quickly so that you can complete your task within a shorter period.
3. Build Quality
A low-end plastic model can give you nothing but disappointment. So if you want to get your angle grinder long-lasting and durable, go for something that’s made of alloy steel or other heavy metals. But it’s absolutely okay if the plastic appears sturdy and able to withstand heavy torture.
As for comfort, two things come together; lightweight design and soft gripping area. So it makes sense that you spend your bucks on an angle grinder that gets any of them, for which you can ensure a fatigue-free operation even after working for too long!
Besides, having a model that features a low-profile design is a plus. If yes, you can get the maximum convenience in accessing tight areas during concrete grinding.
5. Safety Features
Last but certainly not least, the model you want to purchase should at least have a couple of safety features, which the majority of you overlook and end up with minor-to-major damages every single year. Let’s have a look at the 3 essential safety features at a glance:
- Automatic Shut-Off: If your power tool gets overheated or requires replacing the grinding wheels, the motor shuts off straight away with the help of this feature.
- Thermal Overload: It itself keeps your angle grinder away from getting overheated.
- Spindle-lock Switch: Helps you replace wheels by locking, ensuring a safe wheel adjustment.
Note: It doesn’t matter whether your power tool has safety features or not; putting on safety gear before any operation is a wise idea, like gloves, face masks, boots, and goggles.
The Final Verdict!
When you think about sanding concrete, there is nothing more reliable and better than a top-quality angle grinder. And this is what I did; I’ve added the best 7-inch angle grinder for concrete in this review post, for which you can find out your best match, depending on your budget and overall requirements.
But if you’re still confused, I’d strongly suggest relying on my front-runner, which is the Makita GA7021 7 Inch Angle Grinder. The rubberized grip, heavy-duty motor, and excellent RPM range make it a real topper!